Youth Who Benefit:
• Dodge County youth ages 14-24 (up to their 25th birthday)
• Currently or have been in the Nebraska foster care system
• Have had contact with child protective services
• Experience with the juvenile justice system
• Are homeless or near-homeless
Youth Leadership Members Gain:
• Peer-to-peer support in a safe environment
• Opportunity to discover individual SPARKS (or passions) & strengths
• Training to become effective community leaders
• Service learning opportunities
• Opportunity to plan or be part of group & community activities
• Rewards for participation
• Opportunity to represent peers on a state-wide level, sharing issues faced and ways to address or change those issues & policies
Interested in joining? Download information for potential new members here. Or contact Cindy Reed to learn more.
This matched savings, asset-building program includes financial literacy education and asset-specific training to help qualified youth purchase assets critical to their success. Funding is provided thanks to Nebraska Children and Families Foundation and community partners. Eligibility is the same as Youth Leadership.
• 2:1 Matched Savings via an Individual Development Account (with a $6,000 lifetime limit)
• Personal bank account & training
• Financial education & community connections
• Additional cash rewards for completing financial literacy modules & surveys
1st month’s rent, security deposit, down payment on home purchase
Insurance premiums or medical expenses
Tuition, registration fees, text books, computers or other supplies
Vehicle purchase, car insurance, car title, registration fees or warranty
Retirement savings accounts or small business start-up costs
Student loans, past court fees, etc.
Case-by-case (1:1 match)
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Contact Cindy Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402.415.8512 to become a guest speaker, teach an asset-specific class, offer your business or organization’s services or resources, donate in-kind needs and more!